An easy dish to make but so, so good and fairly healthy for you. The four main ingredients include pasta, cheese, spinach and sauce. It’s a simple meal that will also impress. Hope someone out there tries it. I would love to hear from you.
1 box Jumbo pasta shells
2, 500g Ricotta cheese
3/4 cup spinach, drain if frozen
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups or so Mozzarella cheese, be generous
1 jar favourite Tomato sauce
Black pepper to taste
Dry Basil to taste
Fresh Basil for garnish
- Boil large pot of water. Add pinch of salt.
- Add large pasta shells to water and cook al dente, approx. 15 min.
- Drain pasta and add a touch of olive oil so pasta does not stick.
- While pasta is cooling add Ricotta, parmesan, spinach, pepper and basil to large bowl and mix.
- Stuff pasta with cheese mixture, one shell at a time.
- Add a bit of sauce to the bottom of a baking dish and then place stuffed shells on bottom in rows, close together.
- Top with rest of sauce so pasta is covered.
- Add a generous layer of mozzarella cheese and top with pepper and basil.
- Cook at 350 degrees C for about 45 minutes or until bubbly. Add fresh 🌿 basil for garnish.
Mangia ! (serves 4-5)