Whether you add Shrimp, Chicken or keep it simple, Orzo Salad is always a crowd pleaser. I always love a dish you can make the night before and have it taste even better the next day.
- 1 pkg Orzo Pasta
- 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small jar Roasted Red Peppers, drained & chopped
- 1 small jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 1 can Black Olives, sliced
- Cooked Prawns (or cooked & cubed chicken)
- Your favourite Vinaigrette (or try 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar), dash of salt & 1 Tbsp minced garlic)
- Oregano, Basil, Black Pepper to taste
- Cook Orzo pasta in pot of boiling water.
- Drain pasta and add 1 Tsp of Olive Oil to pasta so it does not stick together.
- Place drained pasta in a bowl and add Peppers, Artichokes, Olives and Prawns.
- Then add dressing, mix and refrigerate (cover). You can experiment by adding some of the juices from the artichoke jar, but taste your pasta salad first!
TIP: You can also add Avocado 🥑, Feta cheese and/or Fresh Dill to this dish for more taste, nutritional value and colour. If you do decide to add Avocado, best to incorporate it just before serving and pick one that is not too soft.
MANGIA! (Serves small group)