Bruschetta is like a taste of Italy. The flavours of garlic, basil, tomato and prosciutto all melt together to make this appetizer unforgettable and irresistible.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
⚠️ Warning: one piece is never enough.
- 1 Baguette
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Heads of Garlic
- Basil Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Pepper, Salt & Basil to taste
- Prochutto slices (Italian ham)
- Balsamic Reduction (also available in stores)
- Cut Baguette diagonally, with desired thickness and spread on thin layer of olive oil with brush.
- Bake bread in oven for few minutes (don’t walk away) until light golden brown in colour.
- Cut off top of garlic so pieces are slightly exposed. Lightly brush with olive oil, wrap in foil and roast at 400 degrees for aproximately 30 min.
- Once fully roasted, squeeze out garlic paste and spread a thin layer onto toasted bread.
- Then spread on a thin layer of pesto.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a small bowl. Drizzle in oil and vinegar, keeping in mind a 2:1 ratio.
- Add pinch of salt, basil and pepper to tomato mix.
- Spoon tomato mixture (& juices) onto bread pieces.
- Top with one slice of prochutto (optional).
- Drizzle balsalmic reduction onto your creation just before serving.
🍐 MANGIA! (Appetizer for small group)