I hope you believe me when I tell you that these muffins are really, really good. No need for a big cake muffin when you have one of these apple and cinnamon treats. Add a cup of coffee ☕️ and you are ready to start your day. If your household is like mine (where anything good doesn’t last the day), be quick to grab or hide one.
PREP: 50 min
BAKE: 5 min @ 450 degrees, 12 min at 400.
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup golden yellow Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 Apples, peeled, chopped & 🍎 *precooked
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 Walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven, prepare muffin tins with wrappers, chop your apples and cook in saucepan for 12 min (see below) 🍎.
- In a small bowl, mix together your streudel topping which includes your flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and walnuts. Add melted butter and form crumb like mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. Add butter to flour mixture and blend it in with your thumb and fingers until mixture has course texture. Toss in Apple and walnut pieces.
- Mix together eggs and buttermilk and then gradually add to flour mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Add batter (heaping 1/4 cup) to muffin tin.
- Top with streusel mixture, generously covering tops and then bake in oven till lightly browned.
TIP: 🍎 An extra step worth completing is to cook your chopped apple pieces in 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp brown sugar on medium heat for about 12 min or until Apples are soft.
🍐 MANGIA! (12 muffins)