You know something tastes good when your teenage son says “mom, next time you make these just triple the recipe”. Fresh rosemary is key and these scones are perfect for breakfast or for lunch. For a recent lunch event, I made homemade broccoli and potato soup to go with these scones and it was a hit.
🍐 PREP: 15 min
🍐 BAKE: 425 degrees for 10 min
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 Tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cold & cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped finely
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and Rosemary.
- With fingers, blend butter into flour mixture until butter is broken down into small pieces. You can also use a pastry blender if you prefer.
- Add grated cheese to flour and mix.
- Gradually add milk to flour as well. Mix just until flour is mostly absorbed. Dough should have a sticky consistency.
- Drop a generous 1/2 cup of dough mixture onto a slightly greased cookie sheet to make approximately 8 scones.
- Bake in oven until golden in colour.